Mike lives in Raleigh, works at Epic Games, and loves his food.

Friday, June 16, 2006

mmm food

Russell Stover jelly beans were sent from heaven to make people happy. I think they're infused with the happy souls of bunny rabbits or something? Which sounds painful for the bunnies.

Strongly suggest the Bloomsbury Bistro in Raleigh. Simple two-tier menu, with small plates and large plates. Had a vichyssoise with lump crab meat that was out of this world, was enough to stop a tense dinner conversation in its tracks.

Their wine by the glass list was extremely limited, with only one choice for most varietals, but the Matanzas chardonnay was a strong enough pick.

For those people who've tried the Cosmopolitan, and enjoyed the food but weren't thrilled with the service or ambience, this is the place for you. Essentially the same menus with a cozy setting.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mike Capps said...

It's not so much the snow as the ice that's worse here. When it does get cold it hovers around freezing, melt, freeze, melt, freeze, and the whole city shuts down.

Maybe that's because we have one snow plow in a 500k population metropolitan area....

Fri Jun 16, 11:21:00 AM PDT

 
Blogger Mike Capps said...

Sorry, didn't mean to surprise you by commenting back. Apparently I didn't get the memo... :)

It's been a looong time since I was a serious nine-inch-nails fan, but for some reason that lyric popped into my head when I was trying to think of something that described my mood the day the blog started.

"I just want something --
I just want something I can never have."

Sat Jun 17, 01:55:00 PM PDT

 

Post a Comment

<< Home